This resume sample for an Administrative Assistant specializing in finance is by Martin Buckland, Resume Expert for Monster.ca. On paper this resume example would be two pages, the acceptable standard length in Canada.
|345 Humber Trail |
Etobicoke, Ontario L4J 1A3
Eva North, Q.A.A
Office Management - Department Coordination - Administration
Financial Sector PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Meridian Credit Union (formerly Hepcoe Credit Union), Mississauga, Ontario
2001 - present
CIBC, Mississauga, Ontaria
- Held a key customer focused position at first Hepcoe location in Mississauga, providing first-line support.
- Acknowledged for tactfully and diplomatically providing exemplary customer service, patiently and methodically working with a demanding clientele to meet their diverse banking needs.
- Recognized for dealing with an above-average number of customers per day, between 35 and 55.
- Interacted with clients to inform them of various financial products available through the bank, including GICs, RRSPs, RESPs, credit lines, credit cards, foreign exchange, mortgages and loans.
- Processed cheque, credit card and cash payments through various accounts.
- Coordinated he schedule for Branch Manager responsible for overseeing the operations of two Meridian locations.
- Trained as a secondary Customer Service Representative, proving teller support during scheduled breaks and other absences.
- Planned branch events including Customer Appreciation Days, staff holiday party, employee meetings and the high profile RRSP Awareness Campaign.
- Requested to work on the transition team after merger of Hepcoe and Meridian Credit Unions, tasked with merging customer files and providing updated account records and ATM cards to expanded client base.
TD Bank, Burlington, Ontario
- Provided admin support to a 10 person community banking institution reporting to the Assistant Manager - Client Services.
- Complied and prepared various financial documents for presentation to the customer including: mortgages, RRSP and line of credit applications, and long term investments strategies.
- Interacted with irate and unhappy clients; worked judiciously to resolve their issues and maintain client loyalty to CIBC.
- Scheduled and coordinated participation at various community events to promote the products including: trade shows, Business After 5 meetings, Chamber of Commerce luncheons and other local opportunities.
- Prepared various marketing initiatives for the two highly successful products capturing significant attention from consumers and media.
- Oversaw office administration for the 5 person Marketing Department; maintained office supplies, created client portfolio documentation and acted as relief Receptionist.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, 2009
Diploma - Qualified Administrative Assistant (Q.A.A)
Humber College, Toronto, Ontario
2004 - Effective Administration
2003 - Effective Communication
2002 - Time Management for Professionals
Association of Administrative Assistants - Toronto Chapter, Toronto, Ontario
Member 2002- Present
Oakville Humane Society
Secretary, Board of Directors, 2004-2009