By Kim Isaacs
Monster resume Expert
Found the perfect job through an ad? Before you whisk off your resume and cover letter, study the ad and determine how your qualifications match the employer's requirements. Armed with this information, you can craft a cover letter positioning yourself as the ideal candidate.
For example, look at this sample job ad:
Outside Sales Rep
Our client, a fast-growing, Toronto based software company has an opening for an outside sales professional.
- A minimum of 3 years' outside business-to-business experience selling enterprise software
- The ability to develop a list of prospects, build a pipeline of opportunities and close business
- A proven background working within a quota and exceeding sales targets
- Ability to demonstrate software and manage a complex sales cycle
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Availability to travel at least 50%
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Competitive base salary plus commission and company car.
- Average first year income $85K+.
- Full benefits
- Quarterly sales contests
If you are a true sales hunter and an energetic self-starter with the desire to be part of a fast-growing software firm, submit your resume and cover letter to Brandon Marks at BMarks@somedomain.com. Reference #28903888.
A job posting’s Requirements section provides a roadmap you can address point-by-point in your cover letter to build your case to get called for the interview.
Let an expert write you a job-winning resume and cover letter.